Messy Church is an event for the whole family to come and enjoy being together; discovering more about God, learning new skills, craft activities, science projects, food items and games, and then sharing a meal together.
Our next Messy Church will be on:
Sunday 8th July 4 - 6:30 pm
Come to Messy Church this coming Sunday 8th July!
Come along with all the family and enjoy lots of great activities, craft, science and food as well as songs and stories to make you think!
Our theme this time is to look at the amazing transformation of how a creeping caterpillar transforms into a beautiful butterfly. It is an amazing picture of the way God can transform our lives!
Come at 4pm and try a few warm-up activities:
- colour a beautiful butterfly mask
- make a cute caterpillar out of Cheerios!
- find the hidden creatures quiz - can you find them all?
- throw the butterfly beanbags at the flowers!
After the Celebration we have lots of other great activities for you to try:
- turn a cup cake into a butterfly cake
- make a beautiful flower coaster for your cup
- colour your butterfly sun-catcher to hang in your window
- decorate a pull-back butterfly racer
- make a foam caterpillar racer
- surprise your friends with a jump-up butterfly
- roll up in a blanket and
- play the caterpillar racing game
- see what Neil is up to - it's really MESSY
- visit the prayer room and make a card with a surprise inside!
After all of this you'll be glad to sit down and enjoy a lovely tea at 6pm!
Thank you to all those who are able to give the suggested donation of £3 per family - it really helps with the costs of the activities and food. (The money tin is on the table as you come in.)
Remember that children are parents' responsibility at all times during Messy Church. It helps us to clear up afterwards if families can vacate the hall as soon as tea is finished at 6.30pm - thank you!
See you on Sunday! Everyone is welcome - bring new friends!
Love from the Messy Church team
Check out our Facebook page here.
When: The first Sunday of every month, 4:00-6:30pm, except August
Where: ECF Church Hall
Contact: Julie and Vicki